Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A vacation from my problems

While I feel a bit impertinent churning out these book blogs, I want to mention my recent “vacation” with my dad. A few days ago, I returned home after spending about a week traveling, mostly in the Black Hills and other parts of South Dakota. Before leaving, I was so consumed with school and wrapped up in my own things that I did not really know where I was going. I had agreed to “go out west” with my dad, as that was always something he wanted to do, but I had assumed that meant Arizona or New Mexico, not South Dakota.

Despite the subterfuge involved in my travel arrangements, I had a pretty relaxing and enjoyable week. Unlike most vacations I have taken, however, I had quite a bit of down time. Driving to South Dakota, I read books for class; at night in the hotel room, I read books for class; on the drive home, too, I read books for class. I took some notes, but I found it hard to write much more in the car or in my windows of time at night. Still, I had plenty of time to lay the foundation to write about these books, so even though it feels like I’m scrambling to finish these blogs, that doesn’t tell the whole story.


No comments:

Post a Comment